Tulsa Attorney BlogWhat Can I Do if the Other Party Ignores the Oklahoma Discovery Request I Sent Them?

Penalties May Be Imposed if a Party Doesn’t Comply

Oklahoma divorce lawyerVideo Transcript: What can I do if the other party isn’t complying with the discovery request that I sent them? My name is Jason Sorenson. I’m an attorney in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and today we’re going to be talking about what you can do if the other party isn’t complying with your discovery requests.

Well, if the other party is being evasive in their responses or answering the questions inappropriately or just not responding to the discovery request at all, you can file a motion to compel.

This is your way of letting the court know that the other side is not complying with the discovery request, and the court needs to get involved and force the other party to answer those questions.

And then if they still don’t do it, then you can file for sanctions against the other party and the sanctions can carry significant penalties that will really make the other party want to answer those discovery requests properly. But this is just basic information.

If you need help with a divorce case or anything with your discovery requests, visit makelaweasy.com or you can give us a call at Wirth Law Office to get in contact with a Tulsa divorce lawyer

"Make law easy!"