Tulsa Attorney BlogOklahoma Law: Do I Have to Pay Child Support if My Ex Has Our Child for Summer Break?

Summer Break Custody: Child Support Obligations Clarified

Mayes County child support attorney

Do I Have to Pay Child Support During Summer Break?

Hi, I’m Oklahoma lawyer Lindsey McDowell. It’s a common question during summer vacation: do I still have to pay child support if my child is with me for the summer? The answer depends on the terms of your custody agreement. If your agreement states that you are to pay monthly child support, then you are required to do so unless there are specific provisions for holiday breaks.

For example, if your custody agreement says that you are to pay child support every month except for the month during the summer when your child is with you, then you would not be required to pay during that time. However, if there is no such provision in your agreement, then you are still required to pay child support.

Modifying Your Child Support Agreement

If you believe that your child support agreement is unfair or if you need to modify it to reflect changes in your circumstances, then you can seek a modification. This is something that you should discuss with an attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your interests are protected.

Modifying a child support agreement can be a complex process, and it’s important to have the right legal representation. An experienced attorney can help you gather the necessary documentation and evidence to support your case, negotiate with the other party, and represent you in court if necessary.

Free Consultation: Call Today

If you need assistance with a child support matter, then please do not hesitate to contact me. I offer a free consultation to all potential clients to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have. You can reach me, a child support attorney in Mayes County, at makelaweasy.com or by calling (918) 879-1681.

"Make law easy!"