Tulsa Attorney BlogCategory: Immigration

12 Articles:
  • The Gospel Behind Oklahoma Immigration Enforcement and Waivers of Inadmissibility

    If you’re facing a ICE hold, you want to reach out and you want to find an immigration lawyer that can help you. Now, if you are in a place where you are seeking to get your status sorted out and you’re not currently in detention, you’re not currently having issues, there are things you can do. One of the ways that we’re able to help people here is some folks are in a situation where they have maybe a spouse, maybe a family member who is a US citizen, could potentially sponsor them for immigration status.

  • Coronavirus Impacts Immigration Court Proceedings

    Currently, as of this date, 20th of March, the immigration courts are shut down. What we’re seeing are all the hearings that were going to be occurring in person are being pushed off. What does that mean for your particular case? In short, it depends..

  • Immigration Enforcement Effected By Covid-19

    One of the concerns that we have here is there is a lot of inaccurate information being circulated, and potentially damaging inaccurate information. One of those rumors that seems to be spreading is that there is a stepped up effort at Immigration Enforcement, including ICE raids. And what I want to say about that is that, first and foremost, there doesn’t seem to be any evidence at all that that’s occurring anywhere in the United States, and it is certainly not happening in the state of Oklahoma right now.

  • The Misinformation Behind Covid-19 and How It Affects Immigration Law

    In today’s media, there has been a lot of misinformation concerning Covid-19 and how it affects Immigration Law. Thankfully, Attorney Ted Hasse is here to answer any legal questions one might have when it concerns anything immigration law.

  • Seeking Legal Immigration Status When Already In The U.S.

    I am Immigration Attorney Ted Hasse I work at Wirth Law Office, and I am here to answer your immigration questions. I want to talk about how folks can go from an undocumented status to getting legal status in the United States when they’re already in the United States. With regard to this issue, we get a lot of calls about this, folks trying to straighten out their status, and something I find frequently is that they sort of have partial information. They know that as a general rule, if you are here illegally, if you have an undocumented status, it is almost certain that you’re going to have to leave the United States, go to a consulate or embassy in your home country, and seek to get readmitted. But there are exceptions to that..

  • Family Member Detained By ICE In Okmulgee, Oklahoma

    You’ve got a family member, loved one or a friend who is being detained by ICE in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. What do you do next? I am Immigration Attorney Ted Hasse and I work at Wirth Law Office. I’m happy to take your immigration questions. Give us a call at (918) 932-2800. The big problem is is that unlike most other facilities, the folks who are answering the phone for ICE in Okmulgee where quite a few people who are being detained these days, they’re not answering questions for family members. We are trying to provide a very low cost option to get somebody down there at the facility, talking to the individual who’s being detained to find out what’s going on, get them signed on in a way that we can get more information from ICE and find out what needs to happen next.

  • Immigration Law Question: Am I Allowed To Sponsor My Spouse?

    Immigration Attorney Ted Hasse answers a popular question asked often. An Individual was wanting to sponsor a spouse who needs to straighten out their immigration status. Question she had was that she, in fact, had a criminal conviction and then a warrant in another state. And first question she had is she wanted to know if that was going to impact her ability to sponsor her spouse. And a second question she had was in relation to social security benefits that she was collecting, whether sponsoring somebody would somehow impact your benefits. The short answer is no. It doesn’t matter if you are in a situation where you have prior convictions or even have an outstanding warrant. If you’re seeking to go ahead and sponsor somebody, sponsor a spouse for example, that’s just not something that the US CIS looks at, so it does make a difference.

  • What Happens If You Lose Your “Green Card”?

    You’ve lost your green card. What do you do now? My name is Ted Hasse. I’m an attorney at Wirth Law Office answering your immigration questions. Lost physical green card, that’s a question that I got from an individual this week. Bad news on this is that the process for replacing a lost physical green card, the card that you carry around that shows that you have a lawful permit status, it’s expensive, and it’s in fact the same process that you need to go to when you’re going through a renewal. Maybe something that you’ve dealt with before. The US CIS fee is $540. It can take some time. It’s a bummer when it happens. If you haven’t lost your card, hold onto it. Keep it safe.

  • Detained by ICE in Okmulgee, Oklahoma? What’s Next?

    Do you know someone who’s been detained by ICE and is being held in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. What’s next for them? My name’s Ted Hasse. I’m an immigration attorney at Wirth Law office answering immigration questions. People are finding it’s very difficult to get information out of that facility by phone. We try to make it as easy as possible to get that information by actually going down there in person and talking to your loved one, friend, whoever is being detained there.

  • ICE Detention In Okmulgee – Getting The Information You Need

    I.C.E. doesn’t give out much information to friends and families who are looking for information on how to get their loved ones out of the Detention. They’ll only provide the essential information that you need to somebody who has been signed up as their attorney and can find the documentation to show that they’re an attorney. What we’re trying to do to help people is for a very low cost we’re able to get somebody down there, get somebody in the facility, talking to your loved one, talking to your friend, find out what’s going on, and find out what the next steps need to be. Immigration Attorney Ted Hasse can be reached at (918) 932-2800.